6th May 2013
Photoset reblogged from Miki's Sketchbook with 1,974 notes
Thanks for being so patient! For more info, here’s the orignal post on my DA (links and written tips) :>
Mikiko Ponczeck shows how she creates her comic books.
8th April 2013
Link with 6 notes
As I’m writing for the AnimaniA magazine, you can find my German article on the fair on their website, just follow the link.
To sum it up in English: I enjoyed this year’s Leipzig Bookfair. It wasn’t my all-time-favourite, but had some impressive events. For Cosplayers, I think Leipzig is still one of the most important conventions of the year.
- the mayor German Manga publishers, Carlsen Manga, EMA and TOKYOPOP, presented themselves in a joined space, the “World of Manga”, and the visitors rejoiced to meet three (!) Japanese Manga-ka: Tite Kubo (Bleach), Ema Toyama (GDGD-Dogs) and Atsushi Ohkubo (Soul Eater)
- the aspiring publisher KAZÉ celebrated the first anniversary of its Manga lable KAZÉ Manga
- the European Cosplay Gathering competition was great
- so many talented Cosplayers
- a lively doujinshi market, with some new really interesting projects
- the hall appeared dirty due to the lack of waste-bins
- there were no carpets covering the black ground in the dealers’ area
- add the black wall separating the comic area from the rest of the hall, the black booths of the doujinshi market (artist alley), and the jap@con (exhibition space for German conventions), and you get a quite black not very welcoming space
- there was a bitter touch of censorship, when security went through the doujinshi market and the dealers’ area, basically banning everything with naked boobs on it as pornography. Meanwhile, the wallpapers advertising for an erotic reading event, displaying three naked ladies, were totally fine…
8th April 2013
I’m currently (happily) drowning in several projects. I try to keep up with the German language manga scene for you, and I’ll sum up some things that happened in the past few months soon. Please bear with me.